Although WeChat sign up may be little known outside of Asia, it offers an English interface that is easy to use and available for visitors who want to experience this piece of Chinese culture for themselves. WeChat is China’s digital life force.
With over 1 billion monthly active users, this so-called “super app” is omnipresent in practically every aspect of daily life. Locals use it to chat with friends, post updates, pay for almost everything, and more, making us chat sign up a mainstay of modern Chinese society.
In the guide below, we will help you understand how to download and configure WeChat, and how to use WeChat to stay in touch with people.
How to configure wechat sign up on your smartphone
- Download the WeChat app from the App Store. Watch out for potential imitators: the name of the app is WeChat, and it looks like this for iPhone on the App Store and so for Android on the Play Store.
- After downloading the app, open it, and click “Subscribe”.
- Type your phone number in the field.
- Configure WeChat using your number. Make sure you select the correct country code based on the country of origin.
- WeChat will send a text verification code to the number used for registration and enter them in the box for activating WeChat.
- After verifying your number, you will be asked to enter your name and create a WeChat ID to complete the configuration of your account.
And this is all! Now you can use WeChat to connect and communicate with other WeChat users.
How to add contacts on wechat sign up
- To add more users, we recommend you go to the main “Chat” page, where you click on the small “+” icon in the upper right corner. From this menu, select “Add contacts”.
- From here, you can search for contacts in a couple of ways. First, you can search for a user by entering their phone number or WeChat ID in the space available at the top of the screen.
- You can also add a user by scanning a QR code from their phone. To do this, simply select the “Scan QR code” option from the menu.
- Then, place their QR code inside the box in the center of the screen, and Voila! You will add them as a contact. If someone wants to scan your QR code to add you as a contact, select the green “My QR code” option from the scan page.
Now that you have some contacts on WeChat, it’s time to chat. Now, do you know all about what WeChat is and how to use it? Will you use it?
MOST FOLLOWED POST
- Facebook Location: How To Trace Someone’s Location On Facebook Instantly.
How Can I Verify My WeChat Account Without Friends?
A WeChat account must be verified by an existing WeChat user. However, to be able to verify your account, the WeChat user must meet certain conditions. The user must have:
- Signed up to WeChat more than six months ago
- Activated WeChat Pay — a mobile payment app developed by WeChat (if the friend is in China)
- Not verified another WeChat user in the past month (a user can verify a maximum of three accounts per year)
- Not been blocked in the past month
Note that WeChat might decline activating your account even if all conditions are met. Nobody knows why WeChat declines some accounts even after verification, but to maximize your chances of approval, see if you can find a friend based in Mainland China to verify your account. Finding a China Mainland user might be hard for an international user, but it helps.
Once you do find someone, you’ll need to provide them with your QR code so they can verify you. Unfortunately, unless you complete this process, there’s a very slim chance that you’ll be able to access WeChat.
Verifying a WeChat Business Account
It’s free to set up WeChat Official Account, but official account verification costs money. Businesses also need to provide documentation. The process is rather cumbersome. Thankfully we are here to guide you every step of the way.
1. Input additional company info. This includes
- Company registration number, office address and office phone number
- Scope of business (description of business activities)
- Bank name of company bank account
- Bank account number
- Names of companies legal representatives (company directors names)
Where is WeChat Popular?
WeChat was developed in China and launched in 2010. From 2012 to 2020 WeChat experienced explosive growth as it’s MAUs skyrocketed from 50 million to 1.2 billion. The ban of Line in 2015 and WhatsApp in 2017 likely contributed to this growth.
Since then, WeChat has always dominated the Chinese market. Around 79% of China’s population uses WeChat and there haven’t been any competitors until recently. However, WeChat is unlikely to lose its crown because its features power the interactions of everyday life.