Several Windows users suffer deflated performance matters in Windows 10. this occurs in the data intervals, and one way we can fix it is by tweaking some Page File settings in Windows 10. So, how to repair this slow performance problem in Windows 10 to boost system speed?
Following the official launch of Windows 10, millions of users renewed their PCs to Windows 10 by availing of the free upgrade presentation from Microsoft. Some desktop users said that Windows 10 has slow performance problems on Microsoft forums and Reddit after updating their systems.
How to Speed up Windows 10 (Effective Methods)
- 1. Make sure you have the latest updates for Windows and device drivers. …
- Restart your PC and open only the apps you need. …
- Use ReadyBoost to help improve performance. …
- 4. Make sure the system is managing the page file size. …
- Check for low disk space and free up space.
There are unusual definite problems with the Windows 10 OS as the whole number of people facing slow performance problems in Windows 10 is enormous. This inactive performance regularly performs in the sort of input lags.
For instance: After clicking the Start Menu, it takes about 2-3 seconds to appear or perform the same time to restore your desktop. Grumbling about this Windows 10 slow performance problem, several users are lowered to the previous versions of Windows OS.
According to a user on the Microsoft Community forums, the Windows 10 slow performance issue could be fixed by tweaking the Page File settings in Windows 10 that affect and become the overall system performance.
All of this was difficult back then, but it might seem like some PCs, yet in today’s time. So, if you’re facing a slow performance issue in Windows 10, you can try to speed up the OS by modifying the default settings for Page File control.
speed up windows 10 with one command
If you are upset with Windows 10 working slowly on your computer, we recommend you understand this small guide to speed up your system.
You require editing the default settings for the Page File control in Windows 10 from system Run to Manual format. Here you can change the page file memory’s file and maximum size – based on the RAM on your PC.
How to fix Windows 10 Slow performance:
- Press Start Menu and find the Control Panel. Click on it.
- In the Control Panel, go to the Search area at the top-right of the window and type performance. Instantly click Enter.
- Instantly locate and customize the appearance and performance of Windows.
- Move to the Advanced tab and click on Setting named change in the Pragmatic Memory section.
- Momentarily unpick the option “Automatically control paging file size for all drives.”
- Choose the default C: drive where Windows 10 is installed and then choose Custom Size. Then edit the Initial Size and Maximum Size to the suggested values by Windows 10 (given below).
- Now click Set and next hit OK to save the settings.
- Reboot the computer for the settings to take effect and repair the slow performance problem in Windows 10.
Top 20 Tips to improve PC performance in Windows
- Defrag your hard disk
- Select Opaque Effect
- Add more RAM to speed up the Laptop
- Reduce the Boot Menu time-out
- Update device drivers
- Contact the Windows Support
- adjust or disable graphics and animations
- Turn on automated Windows maintenance
- Check for spyware and viruses to speed up Laptop
- Disable automatic Updates
- Clean up your Disk
- Check your power plan
- Analyze your web browser
- Shut off Windows tips and tricks
Later your PC boots up, and experience better Windows 10 performance. What happens here is Windows 10 uses the Page File to store data in case your RAM fills up during the process.
Sometimes, the system might run into problems when trying to manage the page file. That’s why manually configuring it could be of help in speeding up Windows 10. So, if there is nothing wrong with your system, set the Page File settings to mode managed.
If you found this way to boost your Windows 10 system speed helpful–or you know any other method–mention it in the comments below.
- Complete Full list of GTA 5 cheat codes [2023 UPDATED List ] For PC, PS4, PS5, Xbox consoles
- Waptrick TV Series FREE | Best Online Guide To Download Tv Series On Waptrick.COM
- Download Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas: [FREE UPDATED VERSION] @ 200MB APK + OBB File
- 5 Best PS4 Apps to Download And Install
Few other important tips
- Remove unused browser extensions: These can certainly slow down your browsing experience, so you should do this task regularly.
- Run fewer simultaneous programs: Unlike multitasking can be detrimental to your productivity. Running plenty of applications simultaneously can weaken the speed of your computer. So you should select and close the programs instead of just minimizing them. You will see some improvement.
- Reinstall the Operating System: If you have tried everything and are still finding issues, the last option to fix this problem is to install the latest Windows version.
- Keep your computer clean: This may look obvious, but accumulated dust and grime slow down the speed of your computer. Physically cleaning your computer helps you to speed up and prevent overheating.
- Stop One Drive: You need to stop One Drive as it might take lots of space in your RAM. You need to check the system tray for that.