WhatsApp notifications can be devastating; Of course, you won’t uninstall WhatsApp for that. The additional available option is to switch off Wi-Fi. But that will prevent notifications from whole other apps likewise. To stop receiving WhatsApp messages without switching off Wi-Fi? The solution is to mute the entire WhatsApp.
Unlike other chat apps that give a logout button, WhatsApp doesn’t provide such a collum. You can either remove your account or disable the data connectivity for the WhatsApp app. Nevertheless, these are not a viable alternative. You can also put WhatsApp into a silent tone.
Here I am going to review how to turn off all notifications on WhatsApp on Android and iOS.
TURN OFF ALL WHATSAPP NOTIFICATION ON ANDROID
follow these steps:
- Step 1: locate your Settings on your phone and go to Apps & notifications / Installed apps / Apps.
- Step 2: Below All apps, look for WhatsApp. Tap on it.
- Step 3: Tap on Notifications. Turn off the toggle present next to Display notifications. On some phones, you will have to uncheck the box next to Enable notifications.
Turn off WhatsApp notification on iPhone
- Step 1: Open Settings on your iPhone. Scroll down and tap on WhatsApp.
- Step 2: Tap on Notifications. Turn off the toggle present next to Allow Notifications.
Alternatively, go to Settings > Notifications > WhatsApp. Disable Allow Notifications.
What Befalls after you turn off Notficaitin on WhatsApp
When you turn off notifications, you will not be disturbed when a message arrives. Even though the message will be available in WhatsApp when you open it, you will not receive any notification from WhatsApp. It holds for individual chats, groups, and calls. You will have to open WhatsApp to check for new messages manually.
The notifications won’t appear in the notification panel too. Even the notification badge will not show on the WhatsApp icon. Unless you open the app, it will seem as if there is no notification from WhatsApp.
- How to Install WhatsApp Web On; Laptop and Tablet
- Temporary Banned From WhatsApp Solved 2021 Update
- Google Play Services Has Stopped Working; Easy Steps To Fix It
- Aliexpress Stores-How To Find The Trusted Aliexpress Sellers
- How to Make Purchases Online Using Apple Card; Review
Mute WhatsApp Message Notifications from Individual Chats in Android
follow these steps:
- Step 1: Launch WhatsApp. Tap on the three-dot icon at the top-right corner and select Settings.
- Step 2: Tap on Notifications. Then tap on Notification tone under Messages.
- Step 3: Select None in the sound picker.
- Step 4: Go back and turn off vibration under Vibrate in Messages.
Mute WhatsApp Message Notifications from Individual Chats in iPhone
- Step 1: On iPhone, open WhatsApp and tap on Settings present in the bottom bar.
- Step 2: Tap on Notifications. Turn off the toggle present next to Show Notifications under Message Notifications.
Mute notifications from WhatsApp Group Whatsapp
Are messages from group chats bothering you? Tired of muting each group individually? Well, mute them all with just a tap.
To do so on Android, open WhatsApp Settings. Then go to Notifications. Tap on Notification tone under Groups. Select None. Also, turn off vibration under Vibrate.
On the iPhone, go to WhatsApp Settings > Notifications. Turn off the toggle present next to Show Notifications under Group Notifications.
When you are chatting with someone on WhatsApp, you will hear tones when you send or receive a message in that particular chat thread. It gets quite disturbing if you use WhatsApp a lot.
To disable such conversation tones, go to Settings > Notifications on both Android and iPhone. Then, on Android, turn off the toggle for Conversation tones.
On iPhone, tap on In-App Notifications. Then turn off the toggle for Sounds and Vibrate.