Believe it or not, Valentine’s Day is just around the corner—but unfortunately, so is dreary weather, cloudy skies, and chilly winter days. If you’re feeling uninspired as you try to come up with some poetic love quotes, or create a thoughtful, heartwarming DIY Valentine‘s Day card, we don’t blame you. After all, what is there to say besides “I love you,” anyway?
Valentine’s Day Wishes for Friends
- Happy Valentine’s Day! Thanks for being my person.
- Our friendship is #relationshipgoals.
- We’ve been friends for so long that we’re basically married. I now owe you Valentine’s Day card every year.
- You’re the Tina Fey to my Amy Poehler. (Or, any pop culture duo you love!)
- Making friends as a grown-up is hard. Thank you for making it easy.
- Good times. Bad Times. Fun Times. Tough times. No matter what, you’re always by my side.
- Friend love is the best kind of love. We’ll never break up because you refuse to pick up your socks.
- We go together like wine and any day of the week.
- Who needs a valentine when I have a best friend like you?
- Happy Valentine’s Day! Just wanted to let you know that you are LOVED.
Romantic message for Valentine’s Day
- “I would rather share one lifetime with you than face all the ages of this world alone.” —Arwen in The Lord of the Rings
- “When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible.” —Harry in When Harry Met Sally
- “To me, you are perfect.” —Mark in Love Actually
- “I’m scared of walking out of this room and never feeling the rest of my whole life the way I feel when I’m with you.” — Baby in Dirty Dancing
- “I want all of you, forever, you and me, every day.” —Noah in The Notebook
- “I’ve come here with no expectations, only to profess now that I am at liberty to do so, that my heart is, and always will be, yours.” —Edward in Sense and Sensibility
- “I am in love with you. I know that love is just a shout into the void and that oblivion is inevitable. And that we’re all doomed and that one day all of our labors will be returned to dust. And I know the sun will swallow the only Earth we will ever have. And I am in love with you.” —Gus in The Fault in Our Stars
- “I think I’d miss you even if we’d never met.” —Nick in The Wedding Date
- “You have bewitched me, body and soul. I love, I love, I love you. I never wish to be parted from you from this day on.” —Mr. Darcy in Pride & Prejudice